If you are a huge gamer and have been looking to know everything about DosBox Turbo APK, well this blog may do justice to it. There are multiple classic PC games such as DOOM, Commander Keen, Wolfenstein 3D that you can play on your Android devices using Dropbox Turbo.
Well, if you are a complete newbie and have no idea what are we talking about, don’t worry we have tried to cover everything we could in this blog to make sure you get all the information. Just keep following each step because pro gamers are well aware of the process and the technical aspects and since you may not, simply follow the steps below to download DosBox Turbo APK on your smartphones will do the job.
What is DosBox Turbo APK?
DosBox Turbo is a highly optimized and feature enhanced port of the latest SVN release of DOSBox emulator for Android with specialized Voodoo Graphics, IPX Networking, PCI Devices, and Windows support. You can run all the amazing classic windows games on your Android phones with every features such as keyboard, mouse, sound, etc emulation for a smooth playing session.
The DoxBox Turbo APK file is available on Google play store but you need to pay a small amount for it. There are some third-party DosBox Turbo APK files also available for free on the web which are perfectly safe to use.
Also, you need about at least 50+MB of storage space and at least 256MB RAM to run DosBox. To copy the games on your device you may need space other than this.
- One of the Fastest DOS Emulator for Android
- Supports Virtual mouse Emulation Mode.
- Complete Analog Controller (keyboard and mouse emulation)
- IPX Networking
- Specialized Voodoo Graphics
- Support Multiple classic Windows games
- DirectX Windows Support
- Supports external USB/Bluetooth mice & joysticks
- NVIDIA Shield support
- Gesture Control Support
Well, these are only some of the features mentioned above that you will get once you start using the DosBox Turbo on your device. There are tons of other features associated with this that will increase the capability of this game for rich gameplay experience.
How to download and Install DosBox Turbo APK?
To get started with this, you may have to spend some money on your Google play store to get this application on your Android Device. Below are the instructions were given to help you set everything and play some of the best games.
Step 1: Download DosBox Turbo
You can either download the game directly from the Google Play Store or you if you are okay with using the third-party apps, the best option to go for is apkhere.com.
- Go to Google Play Store and type DosBox Turbo.
- Choose the first option by Fishstix and click on the Buy icon.
- Once installed, Go to your applications and run the app.
Step 2: Download Some Games
So now you need to download a game to continue with your process of suing the DosBox Turbo APK to play the authentic windows games on Android. You can click on this link here to see the list of all the games that are compatible with the DosBox and download automatically.
- Connect your PC with your Android Device.
- Download the game on your PC and unzip the file.
- Create a folder on your Android’s internal storage with a folder named “DOS”.
- Copy the game files in this folder.
- Unplug the device to set up the DosBox Turbo on your device.
How to use DosBox Turbo on Android?
Since you have now downloaded and installed the necessary games and application. It is now time to understand how you can start using the app and setting it up.
Launching DosBox Turbo on your Android Device
Once you are done with everything we have mentioned above, you need to simply focus on learning about how to get started with the main application to play games.
- Click on the downloaded DosBox Turbo on your device to launch it.
- The screen will have a blue message box with certain commands as a start menu. The screen says ‘Drive C is mounted as local directory /storage/emulated/0/Download’.
- To access the keyboard simply click on the keyboard icon in the vertical mode or rotate it.
- Now type the following commands:
c:\> cd dos : This will open the Internal storage and the file where you saved the game.
c:\DOS> cd dooms : it will open the directory where all the game files are.
c:\DOS\DOOMS> doom : Launch the game
These commands will initially launch the applications on your Android screen. Also, you can either keep working on your current mode or turn into portrait mode for better viewing.
How to download DosBox Manager to create a Profile?
You can also launch your games directly by setting up multiple profiles on this app which will be integrated with the main DosBox Turbo APK.
Step 1: Download DosBox Manager
Now, you may also need the DosBox Turbo Manager to manage your game profile for multiple games in a single interface. Fortunately, it is free of cost and also available on the play store.
- Go to Google Play Store and type DosBox Manager
- Choose the first option by Fishstix and click on the Install icon.
- Once installed, Go to your applications and run the app.
Step 2: Setting up your Game Profile
Now. since you have downloaded the DosBox Manager app on your device, simply launch it so that you can create a profile for every game you play.
- Launch the DosBox Manager app on your device.
- Click on +Add option from below and type the profile name as suited. Press Create.
- Now, simply go to DosBox Settings and set up the memory size.
- Furthermore, choose the option Autoexec from the list and enter the commands below. And Press OK.
> cd dos
> cd doom
- Your profile is now created.
- Go back to the screen and click on the profile you created. The screen will carry on with the internal process to launch the game and here it is.
This is all you need to know if you are a newbie or a pro. Furthermore, there are a lot more things with detailed information about each of the keys used in the app with multiple functions. You can simply follow the link here for more detailed information.
Moreover, the process may look complicated but it isn’t. You simply need to follow the above steps and commands as mentioned step-by-step and there you are in the right spot with some crazy classic games which you may have been dying to play.
Additionally, if you still find any errors on the way, just ping us in the comments below so that we can fix it for you.
For more information on “How to play Minesweeper”, click here.