Dartmouth College is a private Ivy League University located in Hanover, New Hampshire.
Dartmouth College was founded by a puritan minister called Eleazar Wheelock in 1769 in the name of educating native Americans. Dartmouth College was named after the head of trust of the same name. Its official colors are “Dartmouth Green” and white, giving the school a nickname, “The Big Green”. It is located 225km northeast off of Boston and its many facilities include art center and an opera house.
- Founded in 1797, Dartmouth's Geisel School of Medicine ranks among the nation’s top medical schools and is known for pioneering many advancements in education, research, and patient care.
- In March 2009, Jim Yong Kim (who has served as the 12th President of the World Bank since July 1, 2012) was named the 17th President of Dartmouth College, becoming the first Asian-American to assume the post of president at an Ivy League institution
- The nickname "The Big Green," originating in the 1860s, is based on students' adoption of a shade of forest green ("Dartmouth Green") as the school's official color in 1866.
- Designs with the official color of “Dartmouth Green”
- The Dartmouth and TUCK shields and logos